Public Relations Intern – Jan-May 2020
We’re looking for a rising star to support our public relations group as an intern. This is a paid position, 20 to 40 hours per week, with preference given to candidates who can commit to a full time schedule. Successful candidates will have earned or be working toward a degree in public relations, journalism, communications or a similar field. Prior internship or other related experience is a definite plus.
What You’ll Do
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, feature stories and other materials.
- Pitch stories and conduct other forms of media outreach.
- Research client industries, issues and trends to help develop sound, informed PR recommendations.
- Identify and maintain relationships with key targeted media, bloggers and other influencers.
- Monitor for coverage in traditional and digital media.
- Assist with coverage reports, client billing and other administrative duties.
What We’re Looking For
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of traditional and social media, with an emphasis on what makes a good story and how to achieve earned visibility.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
To apply, please submit your resume, writing samples or other relevant materials using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Luquire George Andrews (LGA) participates in E-Verify. LGA recognizes and values the diversity of its employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.