We’re hiring a proven, energetic PR account executive with great writing and media relations skills. Successful candidates MUST have a track record of securing coverage in local, regional and national media. Prior agency experience is a definite plus, along with a working knowledge of social media and principles of effective crisis communications.
What You’ll Do
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, feature stories and other materials.
- Pitch stories and conduct other forms of media outreach.
- Research client industries, issues and trends to help develop sound, informed PR recommendations.
- Identify and maintain relationships with key targeted media, bloggers and other influencers.
- Monitor for coverage in traditional and digital media.
- Assist with coverage reports, client billing and other administrative duties.
What we’re looking for
- College degree required, preferably in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field.
- Minimum two years of prior full-time public relations experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and social media, with an emphasis on what makes a good story and how to achieve visibility for agency clients.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail and resourcefulness.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with PR management software platforms such as Cision or Meltwater, database tools such as Lexis/Nexis, and existing and emerging social media platforms and analytics tools.
This position offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for career advancement with a growing company.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing or work samples using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Luquire George Andrews (LGA) participates in E-Verify. LGA recognizes and values the diversity of its employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.